Sunday, November 22, 2009

[. she . cries . at . night .]

There was a little girl
Who used to cry while she slept
Like there was some bad secret
That only her dreams kept.
If you looked at her precious face
While she dreamed, you could see tears
For all the pain inside her heart
That had grown throughout the years.
She had no one to come to though
No one to help her through the hurt.
She had only her dream world
But that just made things worse.
Worse, cause in her dreams at night
She had all she ever needed.
But when she woke, like ocean waves
Her dreams always receded.
They left her with nothing
Short of what she'd had before.
No, when she woke, instead
Her pain had increased ten times more.
She'd lie awake in the dark
Then cry herself to sleep.
But you saw, the tears don't stop there
She continues to weep.
She sees angels in her head
While she sleeps, who take her pain.
But when she wakes those visions
Have become her very bane.
They're the reason she doesn't
Want to close her eyes at night.
It just makes her heart heavier
To see them so pure and bright.
The little girl is innocent
And yet her hurt's so deep.
The only thing she asks
Is for you to hold her while she sleeps.
February 18, 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have 2 beautiful little girls. I love to read. Fantasy novels mostly. Who needs any more reality than what's on the news. I love music. REAL music. Not that rap crap. I like to bake my own food from scratch and watch everyone else eat it. I love the country and I love the mountains. If I had to pick between the 2 I don't think I could. I love to take pictures of everything and everyone. No one is safe when my camera is out. I like going the out-of-the-way way. The scenic route is always the best, no matter how much longer it takes. I love gardens full of flowers and willow trees and bird baths. I love the smell of the ocean and listening to the waves. I love having too many pillows and falling asleep in the bathtub. I'm just your average kinda girl, but then, there's more to me than most people think. :-)