Sunday, November 22, 2009

. the . girl . i . left . behind .

I stare out of the window
Wishing I could find
The person that I used to be...
The girl I left behind.
The girl who laughed at everything
And made angels in the snow
The one who slept with teddy bears...
That's not the girl I know.
The girl who looks up at the stars
And wishes she was there
She opens up her heart and soul
To people who don't care...
That's the girl that I see now
Who feels so all alone.
She just wants there to be a place
She can truely call home.
Somewhere people love her
Not just a place to rest her head.
That is what I wish for
Each night before I go to bed.

December 4, 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have 2 beautiful little girls. I love to read. Fantasy novels mostly. Who needs any more reality than what's on the news. I love music. REAL music. Not that rap crap. I like to bake my own food from scratch and watch everyone else eat it. I love the country and I love the mountains. If I had to pick between the 2 I don't think I could. I love to take pictures of everything and everyone. No one is safe when my camera is out. I like going the out-of-the-way way. The scenic route is always the best, no matter how much longer it takes. I love gardens full of flowers and willow trees and bird baths. I love the smell of the ocean and listening to the waves. I love having too many pillows and falling asleep in the bathtub. I'm just your average kinda girl, but then, there's more to me than most people think. :-)