Sunday, November 22, 2009

. Emerald . Green .

From the moment I first saw him
He stole my breath away
And I could not begin to tell him
What my heart wanted to say.
I gazed upon his gorgeous face
It was freckled and so fair
And then my eyes did wander
To his shaggy mane of ginger hair.
Next I caught his dazzling smile
So warm and so sincere
Enough to brighten up the sky
As he grinned from ear to ear.
When he took my hand in his
My heart, it skipped a beat
I could feel it flutter in my chest
As he swept me off my feet.
He pulled me up into his arms
I gazed deep into his eyes
I got lost in pools of emerald green
That were innocent and wise.
Then he gently brought my face to his
As he held me tight and kissed me too
He whispered softly to me
"My darling girl, I'll always love you."
December 24, 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have 2 beautiful little girls. I love to read. Fantasy novels mostly. Who needs any more reality than what's on the news. I love music. REAL music. Not that rap crap. I like to bake my own food from scratch and watch everyone else eat it. I love the country and I love the mountains. If I had to pick between the 2 I don't think I could. I love to take pictures of everything and everyone. No one is safe when my camera is out. I like going the out-of-the-way way. The scenic route is always the best, no matter how much longer it takes. I love gardens full of flowers and willow trees and bird baths. I love the smell of the ocean and listening to the waves. I love having too many pillows and falling asleep in the bathtub. I'm just your average kinda girl, but then, there's more to me than most people think. :-)